[Expyezp] Call for Papers: Music and the Urban, Harvard

Juan I Reyes juanig at Maginvent.ORG
Tue Nov 20 13:17:44 PST 2007

Call for Papers

Music and the Urban

The Harvard Graduate Music Forum is happy to announce its fourth annual
graduate student conference, "Music and the Urban," which will take
place on March 15, 2008. We invite graduate students from all
disciplines to submit abstracts pertaining to the topic of music as it
relates to, functions within, and comments upon urban spaces.
Historical, ethnographic, analytical, compositional, and other
approaches to the theme are welcome.

We are very happy to announce that the keynote will be given by Mary
Davis, professor of music at Case Western Reserve University.

Abstracts of no more than 250 words should be submitted by January 7,
2008 to gmfconference at gmail.com. Please include your name and contact
details in your email and attach the abstract. Papers will be selected
anonymously by the program committee and chosen speakers will be
notified by February 1, 2008.

For questions visit the conference website at
http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/gradmus or email gmfconference at gmail.com. We
look forward to reading your submissions.

Matthias Röder
Anna Zayaruznaya

Program committee co-chairs